Dr. R. A. Mashelkar
Former Director General Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
A dangerous optimist, Mashelkar is uniquely multifaceted. In 1998, this scientist received J.R.D. Tata Corporate Leadership Award, an exclusive honour reserved for Indian Corporates. In 1998, he was also elected Fellow of Royal Society, the topmost honour reserved for world’s pathbreaking scientists. But then he also pioneered `Gandhian Engineering’ -`More from less for more people’ – catering to the needs of the poor. And why? Mashelkar says, as a poor boy, he studied under streetlights. He understands the pains of poverty.
He is a Director on boards of India’s leading companies, from Tatas to Reliance. 42 global universities have bestowed honorary doctorates upon him. The Government’s trust in him shows through the twelve high-powered Mashelkar Committees, many of them on contentious issues.
He has received Padmavibhushan at the hands of President of India and Star of Asia at the hands of George Bush (Sr), former US President.
Dr. R. A. Mashelkar
Dr. S. B. Mujumdar
Chancellor, Symbiosis International University
Prof. Dr. S B Mujumdar is the Founder and President, Symbiosis, and Chancellor, Symbiosis International (Deemed University). Symbiosis founded in 1972 completes a milestone of its existence in 2022. Symbiosis has stood the test of time and today boasts of many branches of its educational institution far and wide in Maharashtra. Dr. Mujumdar is also the Trustee and Founding Charter Member of the PIC.
A renowned academic and educationalist, he has received Civilian Honor many times by the Government of India. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2005 and Padma Bhushan in 2012. He was also awarded Punyabhushan in 2009.
He was the Head of the Department of Botany at the Fergusson College, Pune, for over twenty years;He has authored a number of books and published research papers in botany. He also served on the Executive Council, Senate, and Academic Council of the University of Pune for several years.
Dr S B Mujumdar
Dr. Urvashi Sahni
Ph. D. in Education; Founder & Chief Executive Study Hall Education Foundation, SURAKSHA and Sisters in Solidarity
Dr Urvashi Sahni is a pioneer, a leading expert and practitioner in education innovation, school governance, curriculum reform and teacher training.
She has earned her PhD in Education at UC Berkeley and is a non-resident fellow at the Center for Universal Education, Brookings Institution, USA as well as an Ashoka Fellow,
Her credibility and courage has won her the distinguished “Social Entrepreneur of the Year India” by the Schwab-Jubilant Bhartiya Foundation in 2017.
Dr Urvashi Sahni
Ms. Pooja Sood
Director, KHOJ International Artists Association
Pooja Sood is an established leader in the arts and culture sector in South Asia.
She was the Director General of Jawahar Kala Kendra, a multi arts space based in Jaipur (2016-2019), Director of the first New Media Gallery in India, Apeejay Media Gallery (2002-2005) and Founding Director of the pioneering Art management programme ArThinkSouthAsia (2009-present). She is the Founding Member and Director of Khoj International Artists Association, a leading contemporary arts institution based in New Delhi (1997-present).
Ms Pooja Sood
Mr. Pradeep Bhargava
- Worked for Government of India for a Decade
- Atomic Energy Commission, Electronics Commission, BHEL
- Consultant to UNDP & World Bank for 15 months
- Business Leadership role in Consumer & Industrial Corporate Sector (3 Decades)
- Sharp, G.E. Lighting, Bharat Forge, Cummins
- Active in Industry Forums
- President, Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (MCCIA), Pune (2018-2020)
- Chairman, CII, Western Region (2013-2014)
- Engaged in various agenda of Civic Society
- Skill Development , Employability, Women Empowerment, Environment (GreenCo)
- Conceived & Steered “Pune Power Model”
- Leading to Zero Load Shedding in city of Pune
- B.E. (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
- M.B.A. (IIM, Ahmedabad)
Mr Pradeep Bhargava
- Master’s degrees in Science and in Law.
- Practising lawyer at the High Court, Bombay (now Mumbai), with an independent office.
- Visiting faculty for Intellectual Property Law for LL.M. students at Symbiosis Law School, Pune;
- Trustee of the Blue Cross Society, Pune and life member of the SPCA; both animal welfare organisations
- Trustee/member and ex-officio legal consultant to the New Era High School, and to the New Era Teachers’ Training Centre, Panchgani
- Conducting classes for the moral education of children and young adults.